BuildThis is looking for a seasoned sales & business development representative who has the motivation and personality to flourish in a fast paced and growing environment.
There are two primary components to the job: form partnerships with agencies that refer you leads, and close the leads for a new website or software application.
Partnering agencies like in person meetings, grabbing drinks, dinners, etc. They’re motivated to send us business both from a financial and client success standpoint. The leads they send us are typically corporations with revenues between $5mm-$100mm, and they are always excited to share their vision for their company’s digital footprint. We have a simple 3 step process to taking the lead through the sales funnel.
Job boards are another means to generating new business. Also, inbound leads from marketing efforts are available. The sales CRM we use is HubSpot, and our marketing department sends email campaigns to leads lists via MailChimp.
Conduct lead generation campaigns, with target market and timing direction provided by Sales Leadership. This includes:
- Gathering lead information from various sources in order to build target lists for prospecting activities.
- Developing strong relationships with key contacts within prospect organizations.
- Vetting prospects to identify its company and web goals.
- Generating qualification reports and project proposals to present to prospects.
- Documenting all activity within the CRM in order to track activity and measure results.
- 3-5 years of business development, sales or inside sales experience, or experience in the web development industry.
- Ability to understand technology and communicate it’s business value to prospects.
- Keen judgment and decision making skills.
- Curiosity. BuildThis puts a lot of value in asking questions – to our clients and to each other.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of confidence to interact with “C” level executives.
- Strong organizational skills, discipline, attention to detail, high energy and a “can do” attitude, balance multiple tasks.
We are looking for career-minded individuals. Our work environment is social, upbeat and fun. BuildThis offers competitive salaries and sales commissions with the opportunity to work in an enjoyable work setting. We provide health benefits, gym membership stipends, professional development resources, and lots of snacks!
We are located in the Chicago Board of Trade building in downtown Chicago.
Local candidates only, please! Only candidates authorized to work for any employer in the United States will be considered. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.